PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Rivesville, WV

lesclifton
02-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Hello All,
I am unsure of where my last Intro post went, but don't see it anymore, so I will try'er again.
I am originally from Upshur County, but after moving back from serving sooo many years in the military I moved into Marion County, where I still serve in the military and have recently opened a small gun shop as a side business. I plan on that growing when I retire from the military in a couple years (hopefully). I am an avid outdoorsman and hunter. I try and instill these characteristics in my children as well as I believe the new generation are missing out on alot as they are not introduced as much into nature, with all of these nintendo gadgets, although there is a good hunting game on one of them LOL. I believe this also instills repect and discipline, but enough of my personal philosphy....sorry about that, just ramblin'. I received an invite from gunnook as a FFL dealer here locally and have not had much time yet to really scout the site and learn it, but so far these guys have done a terrific job in the site and trying to get people back to good ole comraderie. I look forward in learning and sharing with you all, and hopefully gain some new friends and heck, maybe even new customers.

Souldat
02-21-2011, 03:22 PM
Welcome to Gun Nook Les, happy to have ya. It looks like you posted your intro in your profile page (https://members.gunnook.com/member.php?15-lesclifton). I have family in Rivesville and I my self live in Fairmont. Where about's is your shop? Anyway, we are happy you made it to gun nook and be sure to let us know if you need any help.

AK_survivaljunkie
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the community. That was a nice introduction, glad to see you're trying to teach your kids about the outdoors. There's nothing inherently wrong with video games if played in moderation, there are a lot of games that are extremely educational and a good simulator to the real thing. Thank you for serving our country. What branch are you and what's your specialization if you don't mind my asking? Thanks for the kind words regarding the site, we hope to only get better with time.

lesclifton
03-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I am gone on numerous occasions and have been unable to check this site, so I apologize for the delayed response. I totally agree as well that there are many educational aspects of gaming. Moderation is the key....I am in the US Army and my background has been Infantry both light and mecahnized. I served as a sniper for years on the light side, and attended the Bradley master Gunner course for the mechanized side working on the gun systems of the M2A2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle. It is equipped with multiple gun systems from TOW missiles to 25mm Bushmaster chain gun.
I moved back to WV 4 years ago, after being gone for 16 years on active duty, and finishing up my military service here in WV. I just opened this gunshop in 2010 with plans of expanding (hopefully) after retirement from the military. It is located just behind the post office in Rivesville. It is a small shop as I am just trying to get on my feet. Nice to hear you have family nearby, I love it here.
Thanks again for the warm welcome and openess to help. Likewise here. I am spreading the word as much as I can about this site and the great things you all are doing.