PDA

View Full Version : Which Handgun Manufacturer is Best?

Souldat
03-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Vote on who you think is the best Handgun Manufacturer.
Be constructive while simple responses of ‘Glock is best’ or ‘I like Smith &Wesson’ might be easy – tell us WHY you like a particular manufacturer and handgun.

Feel free to have fun with this discussion I’m sure it’ll cause some debate. My hope is that through it, those on hunt for a new handgun will learn a thing or two and go into their purchase more informed.

sasquatch
04-04-2011, 12:44 AM
While all the gun manufacturers listed make great guns and I've shot a handgun from every one listed(some that would fall under "other" too). I have to say Beretta, why?, because I own one. And for me, my PX4 handles and shoots better than any other handgun I've used.

Souldat
04-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Yea Beretta makes awesome handguns and I've been looking into getting a PX4.

lesclifton
08-27-2011, 11:02 AM
I have owned and own every manufatureor of handgun listed with some additional "others". To be honest if you would have asked me this 3 years ago I would have a whole different answer.......as for now it is GLOCK. 3 years ago, I could not stand them, didn't like them, and wouldn't buy one......why???? because I never gave them a chance because they were over-rated in my mind. I soon bought one, then another, then another, then another, etc. I now have 9 of them in different models. I have not had an issue with any of them, and they all shoot awesome right out of the box. I currently have a fire log on all of them and one of them has 680K logged rounds. The only thing I have done was replaced a $6.29 guide rod. They're lightweight, simple to use. I ran my own experiement on these. My so-called torture test, and I was amazed to say the least. I love all my other handguns as well, but if I had to choose which one I would take if I could only choose one, and I knew my life depended on it..........GLOCK is the way I would go.