PDA

View Full Version : What do you CCW with?

sasquatch
04-04-2011, 08:20 PM
I don't have my CCW yet but I plan on getting it soon. I was just wondering if anybody here has a CCW and what they carry. Does anybody here carry a full-sized handgun for CCW? What holster do you use, and what position do you carry in? I'm a large guy, I could probably conceal my PX4 full-sized when I get licensed, but It would help to know how others do it. Thanks.

AK_survivaljunkie
04-05-2011, 08:27 AM
As seen on a TV show here's the ultimate concealed carry, legality aside. Pack a fake belly / pregnancy suit with radio equipment and a half dozen full auto submachine pistols with extra mags.

prestoncohunter
04-06-2011, 11:45 AM
http://wvsportsman.net/smf/gallery/24_03_01_10_8_22_28.jpeg

This is my CCW, Tauras Mod 85 Ultralight. Usually in a pocket holster, stuffed with 38 +P hollow points.

sasquatch
04-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Nice piece PCH, Is that hammerless or a low-profile hammer?

lesclifton
04-08-2011, 08:04 PM
I have had my CCW for around 15 years. I carry both full size and compacts depending on my attire. I normally carry my 1911 when the weather is colder and wear heavier clothes. I have a belt clip installed on the handgrips, so normally do not utilize a holster, the clip works fine. I also carry and Para warthog 3" 1911 and glock 27. My advice is carry what you are comfortable with. People who are not comfortable with the weapon normally never carries it. It is quite easy to conceal even a full size weapon if you dress for the occasion. I only carry the firearms that I am always shooting, and feel very comfortable with accuracy, and dependability. There are a variety of holsters. I use a IWB made by Crossbreed which works well and is quite comfortable. I do believe Galco has one similar to that called the King Tuk.

prestoncohunter
04-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Sorry for the slow reply sas, it's a hammerless. I really like the smooth draw and nothing to catch, makes a really easy pocket carry.

sasquatch
04-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Les, I like those Para Warthogs, sweet guns. I've heard nothing but good things about the Crossbreed holsters too.

PCH, that 85 is a great looking carry piece, can't go wrong with a .38 revolver.

I was reading up on the Ruger LCR in .357, that right there would be one righteous pocket cannon!

dakota_dj
04-30-2012, 06:11 AM
I carry 3 different guns depending on what I am wearing or riding the Harley. I have a S&W Body Guard 380, Glock 27 S&W 40 cal, and a SCCY 9mm 2nd Gen. I use a pocket holster for the 380 and a IWB by Desantos. For the Glock and SCCY I have both IWB by ACE and a belt slide holster. Once in a while I will use the slide holster for the BG also.

colbyslanbia
09-29-2013, 06:12 AM
I carry because it gives me the option to get away. Before CCW, I was afraid to flee thinking the BG would come after me. Now, if that happens I can make a stand.