PDA

View Full Version : So I was looking at Gun Smith Schools

Souldat
04-05-2011, 08:57 PM
So I've been looking into a Gunsmith school and the one I was looking at is http://www.pagunsmith.edu/ However it's going to cost about $30,000 and that is just for the class's and books. That does not cover tools and items needed. I would really love to do this but I'm not sure the market is there for that much money. Whats your guys take on the matter?

sasquatch
04-05-2011, 11:27 PM
I'd love to be a gunsmith, that's like a dream job to me! But $30,000? Guess I'll just have to settle for being an amatuer gunsmith.

Souldat
04-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Yeah it kind of took the wind out of my sail. That and not being with my wife and kids during the week. Back to watching Sons of Guns... God I love that show!

fireman19
04-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Hey, another great source you should look into is the American Gunsmithing Institute, AGI, they are on the web. I have taken several of their courses and find them to be both above average in course content and it can be done in the privacy of your own home at your own pace. Their personal support is beyond approach. You can log onto their website and ask gunsmithing questions and receive direct feedback pronto. Presently i'm working on my National Certification as a Law Enforcement Armour and next i will take their Enhanced Master Gunsmith course. Look them up on the web and i know that you will greatly be satisfied.

sasquatch
04-10-2011, 12:47 PM
That sounds good fireman, I'll have to check em' out. Thanks.

fireman19
05-02-2011, 03:38 PM
for the money and also the indepth of study you can't go wrong with courses from AGI. They are some of the best instructors i have ever had the privilege of working with. The American Gunsmith Institute.

sasquatch
05-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Yeah they're online classes though, i have dial-up, a lot of that stuff won't run on my comp or takes forever to load. Guess I'll just continue to learn on my own. I think I'm a little too old to apprentice.

fireman19
05-03-2011, 04:38 PM
no.......you can purchase individual gun lessons or complete gunsmithing courses. The courses come on DVD's along with written materiials and written tests. You can do the same as i do....work on the courses as time permits, all you need is a computer with a dvd drive. You WILL love the way it is all laid out, easy to learn. I"m 59 and still learning.

sasquatch
05-03-2011, 06:27 PM
Oh, Ok, I see now. I've seen those AGI DVD's before, but how do you get certified through AGI? Also $40 a pop per DVD is kinda steep. And you're going to need one of em' for every manufacturer you intend to learn about. Didn't see anything about the complete courses, how much do they usually cost?

triggerman770
06-03-2011, 01:27 PM
not only do you have the expense of learning when you are ready to open there is another 30 to 50 thousand dollars in tolling and equiptment
to be able to do the jobs professionally