PDA

View Full Version : Article: Survival Firecraft

sasquatch
04-10-2011, 12:38 AM
You can view the page at https://members.gunnook.com/content.php?293-Survival-Firecraft

Souldat
04-15-2011, 10:21 PM
This a a very nice guide you put together. I even picked up some new tips :)

sasquatch
04-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks, if only one person reads this and learns from it, it was well worth the time I spent putting it together.

AK_survivaljunkie
04-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Awesome article Sasquatch. Believe it or not I'd never heard of the fire saw method before (it's one of the videos in the playlist if you watch past the fire plow method). I still think the bow method is king if you must use any of these. I also checked out their website and it looks pretty interesting, they have a good list of books worth checking out as well as a pretty extensive course offering. If they weren't so far away I'd probably consider taking some courses. Thanks for the article and for teaching me something, hope it can help others as well.

sasquatch
04-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Thanks AK, the fire saw is pretty cool, tried it out before, the fire bow is better. I was gonna put it in the article, along with solar fire starting with a magnifying lense , but didn't want the article to drag on. It's really meant as a primer for basic firecraft anyways.