PDA

View Full Version : My long awaited M1A Scout Squad

lesclifton
05-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I've owned and "own" a broad spectrum of weapons and have long wanted to replenish the M1A. I just purchased the ole' M1A back into my arsenal. I got the M1A Scout Squad which has the 18.5 inch BBL. I have a few 308 cals, such as my Bushmaster LR-308 (AR), but after using these on deployment, I just had to have one again. I had the original M1A standard and these M1A Scouts are smaller with a 2-stage trigger and forward mounted rail for optics (if used). I am anxious to get it on the range and try it out. I will post a range report as I want to do with many others I have tested. I would be interested in hearing from any users / owners of the reliable M1A out there. I may order another to keep in my gunshop as well.

https://members.gunnook.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=225&d=1305152394

sasquatch
05-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Les, you lucky, lucky man. What a beauty! My dad carried the old M1A Scout in 'Nam, I've always loved that gun. I've also always wanted one,not for me, for my dad....well...for both of us...lol. What did pay for her? Because I'm very interested in trying to acquire one some day.

lesclifton
05-17-2011, 09:45 PM
If your interested give me a call. I'll search my distributors. I would sell those for 1450.

sasquatch
05-17-2011, 11:38 PM
I don't have that kind of cash right now. If I ever get the cash, I will definitely look you up, because that's a good price for an M1A.