PDA

View Full Version : PARA 1911 Gun rights edition

lesclifton
05-11-2011, 05:29 PM
I tried out my Para USA 1911 Gun Rights edition 45 ACP today and it was a great shooter. It comes standard with a fiber optic front sight which great aids in sight acquizition. I shot about 150 rounds and never had 1 FTF or FTE. Recoil was as to be expected, but felt great in the hands and looks awesome. It has a match trigger and BBL. The trigger was very crisp with no felt creep at all. Anyone have one of these and waht do you think? I love mine. I know I will stir up some crap with this next comment, but price for price this out performed my TWO kimbers. I shot the same ammo at the same range and consistency was the biggest factor for me. I am by no means promoting this brand, just simply stating MY experiences. I LOVE IT!!

https://members.gunnook.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=226&d=1305152692

sasquatch
05-16-2011, 06:41 PM
Nice gun Les! I've heard a lot of good things about the Para 1911's. No offense taken I don't own a Kimber anyways, and probably never will at their price. I recently got to shoot my friend's Springfield 1911A1, nice, but a major pain to reassemble...arrgh!..lol. I would like to get my hands on the new Ruger SR1911. BTW, do you have any experience with the Taurus PT1911's? Because if I do get a 1911 it'll probably be the Taurus.

lesclifton
05-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks Sasquatch! I have a few and yes I have a Taurus PT-1911. I actually have it in my gunshop for sale. If you go to my website (listed in my sig block) it is under used firearms. I have only shot around 4-5 boxes of ammo through it. I had so many 1911s I had to trade her in for my PARA. I can do a little better that the price listed on my website. I have added a fiber optic front sight ($45) and still ahve the factoy front if one would want to reinstall. It is a great gun and really underappreciated. I have a specs sheet on it and when you add up the extras Taurus has done to their 1911s it totals in excess of $1800. I have another one in a 38 super and shoot circles around my buddy with his Kimber. I love rubbing it in because he always boasts about how much he paid for it, etc. I need say nothing after the range. LOL

sasquatch
05-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Nice site Les. When I get some cash together I might have to come on out to Rivesville, your prices are certainly lower than any places around here. I especially like that Para GI Expert, good price on that one too.

lesclifton
05-18-2011, 07:38 PM
Yes, ya know I thought about that after my post. I got those on sale for a great price, and they are definately nice. I really have never owned any PARAs until about 2 years ago and my first one was the Warthog Hi Cap. I have found that I have had really good luck with the handguns as well as their support.