PDA

View Full Version : US Spec Ops troops die in helicopter crash.

sasquatch
08-06-2011, 06:20 PM
In the single deadliest loss for U.S. troops since the Afghan war began in late 2001, 30 service members died early Saturday when a helicopter carrying them went down while they were reinforcing other troops, officials said.

Insurgents are believed to have shot down the CH-47 Chinook, a U.S. military official said. The Taliban claimed militants downed the helicopter with a rocket-propelled grenade.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/08/06/afghanistan.nato.helicopter.crash/

Just found out about this on the news.
My prayers for the families of the brave men who died.
And may justice be swift for the bastards that caused it.

sasquatch
08-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Heard on the news that several more US soldiers died in Afghanistan today. They asked a good question on the report, "Can a stable government be established in Afghanistan?" Personally, I think, no. It just seems that the Afghan leaders are inept and ignorant, no matter what we do they seem to undermine it. Expecting any kind of positive change in that part of the world is wishful thinking, until the people themselves decide they want change, like what is happening with the uprisings in Egypt ,Syria, and Libya. Also considering most of the Taliban insurgents are launching attacks from the mountains of Pakistan, a region where our forces are not allowed to operate. And Pakistan is supposed to be our ally? All the while our brave men and women in uniform continue to fight and die, even though most troops are slated to be out of there by 2014, you know that our Spec Forces will still continue to operate there.

lesclifton
11-02-2011, 03:55 PM
Amen to that Saquatch, until the principles of battle are allowed to be carried out and fully supported it will continue to be stagnant. The battlefield has changed drastically and instead of winning the battle we worry too much about political correctness and public opinion putting everyone at risk.........this includes the homeland as well. I have to say that as much as I hate the ones who try to kill me (us, Americans), I have respect for them, as they have been doing this for many, many years and know all about warfare and circumvention while not having to abide by any rules, nor worrying about what "others" may think of them.