PDA

View Full Version : Article: Marlin XT-22 Review and Range Report

sasquatch
02-15-2012, 06:26 PM
You can view the page at https://members.gunnook.com/content.php?356-Marlin-XT-22-Review-and-Range-Report

Souldat
09-15-2018, 09:31 AM
Due to the number of views, we've opened comments. You will have to register, but you can do so by using the Facebook login at the top right for instant login.

darwin.wilde
09-21-2018, 06:51 PM
Bought the same xt-22 but had a problem the first time I broke it down to clean it. The mag release lever was flush against the plate - no movement at all possible. Ended up breaking off the lever but Marlin eventually sent me another but same problem. Release works great with plate removed but not with it in place. Measure width of opening @ 1.636" from max acr on curved end to flat where lever touches it. I've seen vidoes that show a curved cut out instead of the straight surface but cannot fine the part that Marlin sells - thinking of cutting it back an 1/8th - I think it would solve the problem in an ugly way. Could someone measure the width of their opening and report back here? Thanks.

TheProf
02-15-2019, 07:15 PM
I bought an XT-22 for my son at Christmas, and I could not be more disappointed. From day one, it has intermittently jammed, jamming fresh rounds into the back of the barrel, missing the bore and requiring that the bolt be actuated a second time to eject the jammed (live) round. Sometimes it goes six or seven rounds without jamming, other times it jams three or four in a row. It has been sent back to Marlin twice, with no fix (after being outsourced to outside gun shops). You can imagine the disappointment of a young, aspiring shooter at not being able to actually use his favorite Christmas present. Granted, it is not an expensive rifle ($200) -- but if you are considering the XT-22, spend the extra $120 and buy a Ruger American. That has been our ultimate fix.

Souldat
09-07-2019, 09:28 PM
I bought an XT-22 for my son at Christmas, and I could not be more disappointed. From day one, it has intermittently jammed, jamming fresh rounds into the back of the barrel, missing the bore and requiring that the bolt be actuated a second time to eject the jammed (live) round. Sometimes it goes six or seven rounds without jamming, other times it jams three or four in a row. It has been sent back to Marlin twice, with no fix (after being outsourced to outside gun shops). You can imagine the disappointment of a young, aspiring shooter at not being able to actually use his favorite Christmas present. Granted, it is not an expensive rifle ($200) -- but if you are considering the XT-22, spend the extra $120 and buy a Ruger American. That has been our ultimate fix.

Oh that sucks man, sorry to hear that :(