PDA

View Full Version : EDC (every day carry)

77 wolfpack
01-19-2018, 03:23 AM
I didnt see a thread on our complete EDCs. Granted i doubt any of us live in war zones, however shit can happen in a second. Perhaps we can get some ideas from each other.

These was a thread asked what weapon we carry, but most of us carry more than that. I carry my shield 45 unless the weather is cold and i can carry my Springfield 1911 loaded model. I always carry a small Benchmade 908 BK Axis striker, and a small Micro-stream Streamlight. I normally dont carry a spare mag because if i get into a situation i cant deal with in 7 rounds, im boned anyway. I dont think another 6 rounds is going to help.

What do the rest of you carry as your normal EDC?

sasquatch
01-19-2018, 03:31 AM
45 Shield, extra mag, Benchmade Nitrous Stryker clipped to my right pants pocket, Ontario Rat 1 folder clipped to my left pants pocket.
Sometimes I'll wear my CRKT Keramin at the small of my back. If I'm wearing boots, I'll have my Esee Izula in one of them.

77 wolfpack
01-26-2018, 04:36 AM
Personally i dont carry that many blades, but i think a small light is always a plus. I would hate to be someplace like Wal-Mart when the lights go out. There are some amazing ones which are really small. Just an ounce of prevention sorta thing. Its just personal preference. My brother was talking to me about an article where some people are carrying a back up gun for their EDC, brass knuckles and several other items. I'm thinking dear God, if you need all that, either upgrade your EDC pistol or move somewhere safer, lol

Survival_junkie
02-01-2018, 02:25 PM
I don't own any firearms and am on a tight budget. You can laugh if you want but my cheap $10 Wal-mart survival knife with para-wrap and $30 Nebo Redline tactical light are awesome for the price. Around here self defense isn't a major concern, I'm more survival oriented so I usually have multiple knives, multiple fire starters (lighter/firesteel), survival whistle, compass, and thermomenter, and a compact knife sharpener.

77 wolfpack
02-02-2018, 01:04 AM
Sasquatch has a couple very nice little survival tins if you are into survival. He also has a couple knock-off esee knives i was apprehensive about, however upon actually seeing them i was impressed. Even on a budget, you can get some very nice gear.

sasquatch
02-03-2018, 03:57 PM
Added a small Maglite Solitaire to my EDC. Pretty bright for a little guy, adjustable beam too. On sale for $5 at Walmart so why not?

So, my 45 Shield and an extra mag. A Benchmade Nitrous Striker in my right pocket, Ontario RAT-1 in my left pocket, CRKT Keramin at small of back, Timerline O2 Wrench, Maglite, and Kubotan on a key chain.
Not pictured: A folding credit card knife in my wallet, ESEE Izula (right boot) and CRKT No Bother (left boot). May seem like a lot of stuff, but it doesn't weight me down or get in the way at all, can hardly tell it's there actually, most of the items are small and lightweight. One of my motto's is "Have back-ups for your back-ups".

sasquatch
02-09-2018, 09:47 PM
Those little Maglite Solitaires are really bright for the size. Bought another one at Wal-Mart today on sale for $5.
Perfect for slipping in a pocket or attaching to a key-chain.