PDA

View Full Version : ESEE Knives.

sasquatch
02-03-2018, 10:51 PM
Let SEE your ESEE's.

Only one I have is an Izula.
This sharp little bugger rides in my right boot on occasion.

I got the deluxe kit. Came with 550 cord, sheathe, removable belt clip, a magnesium and flint striker fire starter, a plastic clip, cord stop, 2 split rings, and a survival guide card.

Wrapped the handle in 550 cord.

77 wolfpack
02-04-2018, 03:35 AM
Got an Izulu and an Esee 4. Making a leather sheath for the Esee just to build my skills in letherworking

Souldat
02-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Well ATM I don't have any... So what should I get?

sasquatch
02-04-2018, 02:17 PM

The Izula like mine is a nice start.

Or an ESEE 3 if you want something more substantial.

https://eseeknives.com/knives/esee-knives/

77 wolfpack
02-05-2018, 01:05 AM

Budget is important, but before you buy, you need to look at what role the blade in question will fulfill. If you are looking for a good EDC folder, i like Benchmade however you can find some really decent folders from other companies. If you want a good fixed blade, honestly i dont see the need for anything over a 4-6 inch blade. This isnt ancient times where we are knife fighting in back alleys any more. Esee is really good, but they wont throw a spark for fire starting purposes. Cold Steel used to be "meh", but they have really picked their quality back up. The Recon Tanto is an amazing blade and mine has been to every country i have ever been stationed at or deployed too. Some of the surplus KaBars are great blades too as is the Air Force Survival knife (Ugly but good knife).

Souldat
02-06-2018, 12:43 PM
I've had a few KaBars in my time. that Recon Tanto does look nice. I'm going to look into them some more.

sasquatch
02-06-2018, 03:39 PM
I like the look of the ESEE Junglas. Would make a very good bush knife, but pricey.
Worth it for the lifetime warranty though.
That 10" blade! :0aTongue_Out_Emoji:

sasquatch
02-10-2018, 11:59 PM
These look promising.

ESEE to Offer First Axe and New Folder in 2018

http://knifenews.com/esee-to-offer-first-axe-and-new-folder-in-2018/

77 wolfpack
02-11-2018, 01:45 AM
Im liking the shape of that ax, but im not a fan of the handle. I dont like scales for handles on something like an axe which is going to transfer a lot of force into the pins holding it all together. It appears that they can be tightened with an allen wrench. If you arent keeping an eye on your ax, you could have one get loose and have it fall out. I may pick one up to see how it handles, but since i have a few good axes /hatchets already it will depend on the price. Maybe ill get you one to test out.

sasquatch
02-11-2018, 01:57 AM
Im liking the shape of that ax, but im not a fan of the handle. I dont like scales for handles on something like an axe which is going to transfer a lot of force into the pins holding it all together. It appears that they can be tightened with an allen wrench. If you arent keeping an eye on your ax, you could have one get loose and have it fall out. I may pick one up to see how it handles, but since i have a few good axes /hatchets already it will depend on the price. Maybe ill get you one to test out.

I was thinking the same thing about the scales. Maybe use some thread locker on the screws.
But, it is an ESEE so I assume it will also have the lifetime warranty that their other blades have.

77 wolfpack
02-11-2018, 02:04 AM
Those scales would have to be just right otherwise you will have either the edge of the metal biting into your hand of the scales. I would assume a set of gloves would remedy that, but ill hold off judgement until i see one in person.

sasquatch
02-11-2018, 02:09 AM
Yeah. Always good to test something out before hand.
But I'm betting it's all good coming from them, they don't seem to put out low quality stuff.
The scales could be removed and cord wrap applied if you wanted I suppose.