PDA

View Full Version : Karambits

sasquatch
02-03-2018, 11:24 PM
I am obsessed by these blades.
There's just something about them.

I own several and I'm in the process of learning wielding techniques.

This is my Gil Hibben Claw II.
It's particularly nasty due to the outer blade being sharp as well as the inner.
The protrusions on the finger ring are there for punches or use as an opponent control device.

This in my Cold Steel, Steel Tiger karambit.
This ones a real monster, it's big and sharp. I like it!

This one is a folding model with assisted opening. Basically a Fox knockoff, and it shows.
It's definitely usable but nowhere near the fit, finish, and quality of the mucho expensive Fox blade.

And this wicked little guy is worn on my belt, in the small of my back.
It's a CRKT Keramin. Very small and dangerously sharp. Great for opening packages and a nasty quick draw surprise.

77 wolfpack
02-04-2018, 03:34 AM
I too have a Cold Steel Steel tiger. Great knife. I dont really use it. I did get one for a class mate at the dojang who turned 18. It was the one made by 5.11. Looked amazing and seemed to be really a nice gtg blade she can carry legally.

I like the Fox Brand one you have, but just never liked the length of its handle for a blade thats < 3". How do you carry and use it?

sasquatch
02-04-2018, 01:05 PM
I too have a Cold Steel Steel tiger. Great knife. I dont really use it. I did get one for a class mate at the dojang who turned 18. It was the one made by 5.11. Looked amazing and seemed to be really a nice gtg blade she can carry legally.

I like the Fox Brand one you have, but just never liked the length of its handle for a blade thats < 3". How do you carry and use it?

It's not a Fox, it's a knock off. The handle is a bit long, so you have to choke up on the grip, it's kind of awkward, I wouldn't call it an ideal karambit that's for sure.