PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a unique knife or one with a special story attached to it?

sasquatch
02-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Let's see em' and hear the story.

This is a hand made balisong brought back from Korea by my grandfather when he came home from the war.
Story is, he picked it up in Pusan from a South Korean. Traded a few packs of American cigarettes for it.
It still has it's leather belt case too. And still in great shape.

Has a weird, jagged, kriss style blade. Wicked sharp. You can tell the blade was hand ground.

No maker's marks at all anywhere on this knife.

This is one of my most prized knives.

77 wolfpack
02-09-2018, 01:45 AM
During my first trip to Iraq, i ended up in BIAP (Baghdad International AirPort)/ Camp Sather. Well, on one particular night we got the hell shelled out of us with rockets and mortars. In truth the attack last maybe 2 or 3 minutes, but it seemed longer. After the attack, i was looking over my area, and on the other side of the HESCO barrier was a chunk blown out the ground and barrier and some metal/shrapnel hanging out of the barrier. I took a chunk of metal as a souvenir of what could have taken out my shack (and me). Fast forward several years, i gave the shrapnel to a smith named "Little John" from House of Steel (God rest his soul, before he passed away a little over a year ago). Before he passed, he was able to fashion a dagger from the shrapnel i gave him. Granted he had to mix in some other good steel because of the quality of metal i gave him. The handle is from a deer he took off his land so i will always have a piece of WVa where ever i go. He removed a piece of shrapnel and put it in the handle so i could always remember.

I call this knife the "Infidel's Revenge". 1056

sasquatch
02-09-2018, 04:32 PM
During my first trip to Iraq, i ended up in BIAP (Baghdad International AirPort)/ Camp Sather. Well, on one particular night we got the hell shelled out of us with rockets and mortars. In truth the attack last maybe 2 or 3 minutes, but it seemed longer. After the attack, i was looking over my area, and on the other side of the HESCO barrier was a chunk blown out the ground and barrier and some metal/shrapnel hanging out of the barrier. I took a chunk of metal as a souvenir of what could have taken out my shack (and me). Fast forward several years, i gave the shrapnel to a smith named "Little John" from House of Steel (God rest his soul, before he passed away a little over a year ago). Before he passed, he was able to fashion a dagger from the shrapnel i gave him. Granted he had to mix in some other good steel because of the quality of metal i gave him. The handle is from a deer he took off his land so i will always have a piece of WVa where ever i go. He removed a piece of shrapnel and put it in the handle so i could always remember.

I call this knife the "Infidel's Revenge". 1056

Awesome story, and great knife!