PDA

View Full Version : New Winchester Hybrid-X Self Defense Ammo

sasquatch
02-05-2018, 09:02 PM
What's everyone's opinion on this?

"Winchester says that the cutting-edge bullet design of Hybrid-X represents the next generation of personal defense technology."

https://members.gunnook.com/content/552-winchester-introduces-ammo-designs-shot-2018-a.html

Personally, I'm wary of new bullet designs, seems like everyone has their cool gimmick. I admit, I fell for it in my younger days too and all too often got burned by under-performing crap ammo. I mean, it's good that companies are trying to improve on ammo and bullet technology, but every new ammo on the market is, "Amazing performance! It's a GAME CHANGER!" Until they're tested and proven in real world situations, no thanks.
I'll stick with my tried and true, Federal HST.

77 wolfpack
02-11-2018, 03:15 AM
if the round breaks up, then i would think you would lose an amount of weight to the round which effects performance. I would be wary until they are tested in real encounters. Its a fad-bullet like that RIP bullsh*t ammo.

sasquatch
02-11-2018, 03:40 AM
if the round breaks up, then i would think you would lose an amount of weight to the round which effects performance. I would be wary until they are tested in real encounters. Its a fad-bullet like that RIP bullsh*t ammo.

Exactly. It's normally a bad thing when a JHP sheds it's jacket. This is why any quality JHP self-defense ammo is bonded.