PDA

View Full Version : Article: DIY Survival Projects Part 10: Mini Rocket Stove "Son Of Rocket Stove"

sasquatch
02-21-2018, 05:27 PM
You can view the page at https://members.gunnook.com/content.php?582-DIY-Survival-Projects-Part-10-Mini-Rocket-Stove-Son-Of-Rocket-Stove

77 wolfpack
02-23-2018, 04:21 AM
Got some questions.
1. How long does it take to make? prep and set up for materials (i.e.) mortar
2. How much fuel would something like this use? Whats the equation of time to fuel?
3. what would you think the approximate heat output would be?
3a Could you honestly use this for a heat source for a mud brick oven?
4. Storage? How do you clean something like this w/o ripping it all up and how would you transport something like this if backpacking/camping in the woods?

77 wolfpack
02-23-2018, 04:23 AM
Looks nice. I asked a bunch of questions thou

sasquatch
02-28-2018, 07:25 PM
Got some questions.
1. How long does it take to make? prep and set up for materials (i.e.) mortar
2. How much fuel would something like this use? Whats the equation of time to fuel?
3. what would you think the approximate heat output would be?
3a Could you honestly use this for a heat source for a mud brick oven?
4. Storage? How do you clean something like this w/o ripping it all up and how would you transport something like this if backpacking/camping in the woods?

1. You can have one built and ready to use in 5-6 hours. 1-2 hours if you skip the mortar and paint.
2. A handful of pencil sized sticks will get you enough burn time and heat to boil water. If more is needed just add it.
3. In BTU's? I have no idea. Speaking non-scientifically, once it gets going, don't hold your hand over the chimney, REAL hot.
3a. Not sure, but if you have a mud brick oven, why would you need a rocket stove?
4. Just pull the shelf and/or turn upside down to empty the ashes. Use a damp cloth/dish soap to wipe off any food spillage, store it in a dry place. Doesn't need much more cleaning than that. This thing's worst enemy is rust, that's why I recommend 2-3 coats of stove paint. I suppose it could be rebuilt with new cans if one wears out. To transport it, it 's small enough to fit inside a backpack, or use the handle to hang it off a pack.