PDA

View Full Version : Emergency food should always be in the home as well as in the field.

2ndAmend
02-02-2011, 12:20 AM
http://www.efoodsdirect.com/ These are not your typical MRE style meals from efoodsdirect but even survival begins in the home sometimes. Consider Terrorism, Martial Law, Weather catastrophes, Stock Market crashes, Hyper Inflation total anarchy and the local grocery store shelves going empty. Food, Water, Shelter are basic needs but without these life can be a life and death struggle. Start your emergency plan NOW not when it happens. Budget wisely to add survival type meals that keep in cool dry places when the power is out and your fridge food can go bad. Most non military MRE style meals contain a box of 12 individual meals, these are high calorie energy meals so plan on eating one meal per person per day. Do the math on how many people in your survival group or family can sustain themselves on one meal per day for X amount of days, weeks, months. Most MRE Meals Ready to Eat are about $80 + or - plus shipping. This will seem like alot now but consider the shelf life of the box of meals to last 10+ years in a cool dry place out of sunlight. Weigh your options do a budget check and be prepared not caught off guard. We can add later to this discussion where to purchase military style meals. They do come most often with 2 menu choices, that is 24 different varieties of meals.

Souldat
02-02-2011, 03:53 AM
This is a good post and a good site for food. I was looking into getting some MRE's but after seeing this I may just get my food from efoodsdirect. Thx for the info and link brother.

2ndAmend
02-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Your very welcome and enjoy your meals while others stand in the bread and soup lines that ration your food, sad but true this can and will happen again as it did in 1933.

2ndAmend
02-02-2011, 08:00 AM
http://www.thesurvivalzone.com/store-products-9217-MREs_41908917.html Check out this MRE Site.

colbyslanbia
09-29-2013, 05:58 AM
survival to the fittest :)