PDA

View Full Version : Fenix Flashlights

AK_survivaljunkie
02-02-2011, 07:19 PM
While I haven't personally owned or used a Fenix light all of the reviews are positive and they are said to be on par with Surefire's models at a fraction of the cost. The TK15 (http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=79) has had my attention for quite awhile and I can't wait to be rid of my underpowered Maglite. Let me know what you guys think and let's hear about your favorite LED tactical light regardless of who manufactured it.

2ndAmend
02-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Cool light there AK_survivaljunkie. Surefire dominates the military market with many models of battle lights but cost the average citizen big money. Nice to know there is a light out there with these features.

Souldat
02-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Yea I would like to get a nice light for my AR15. I'll have a look into this Fenix light. However I was looking to get a Surefire.

FlashlightsNgear
04-12-2011, 04:02 PM
The TK15 is my favorite Fenix so far for gun mounting or EDC, its easy to use and has available accessories such as pressure switches and colored filters.

sasquatch
04-12-2011, 07:10 PM
FlashlightsNgear, very nice site, very good prices too. I really like that Stingray mini-laser, been looking for a compact laser for my PX4 Storm, can't afford most of em' , I'd like to hear what you think about it. I like the TK15 too, as soon as I'm in funds I'm going to order one, the other, or both from your site.

FlashlightsNgear
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Everyone is pleased with their StingRay Mini-Lasers, I have mine mounted to a Remington 870 Magnum right now and its still holding true. You guys give me a shout on the business line anytime and Ill hook you up. Thank You 304-984-6162

AK_survivaljunkie
04-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the info guys. You mention it's your favorite for mounting, how's the performance and durability in your opinion? Most reviews talk about how solid they're built but aren't long term ownership reviews. I'd appreciate any thoughts or opinions as I'm interested in upgrading my lights soon.

FlashlightsNgear
04-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the info guys. You mention it's your favorite for mounting, how's the performance and durability in your opinion? Most reviews talk about how solid they're built but aren't long term ownership reviews. I'd appreciate any thoughts or opinions as I'm interested in upgrading my lights soon.
One reason its my favorite for mounting is that the small button close to the head makes changing modes very quick, Fenix has been around for awhile now and durability has been great. Here is a short video I took (when I had a cold) that shows how the Fenix TK15 works, Performance is Very Good, this light has the perfect amount of spill to use in a tactical situation or for just general use.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksi-I2lqiY8

AK_survivaljunkie
04-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the reply and for the video link. I'm definitely going to pick up a couple of these when I can. Just need to stock up on rechargeable batteries first ::p

FlashlightsNgear
04-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I carry plenty of rechargeable batteries to choose from, the best deal available is the Ultrafire 18650 combo, comes with 2 3000mah 18650 batteries and a charger, hard to beat that price in the...

FlashlightsNgear
06-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Several members have purchased the Fenix TK15, lets hear some feedback what you you think?

lesclifton
06-05-2011, 01:21 PM
I do not have one of the Fenix's, although they do look nice, I have a Surefire E2D LED. I am a military man and also deal in weapons, so I have many various tactical lights, but I can only speak of the Surefire which I have used for many years. The torture we put these through and their survivability is phenominal. I would like to test out one of these Fenix's to really put them through the test. They look nice, and are brighter than my 200 lumen Surefire, but I know what my surefire will take in abuse and still not let me down. That's just my 2 cents from an Infantry guy. Cheers!

AK_survivaljunkie
06-06-2011, 12:33 PM
The E2D was actually the first tactical light that I had ever heard of many years ago. For a time you could even purchase them in local stores such as Lowe's or Home Depot but the price was astonishing. The Surefire models are well known for durability and the Fenix models are supposed to be comparable in every aspect. That's why I asked about the long term use of the Fenix models. All of the reviews have been great and I recently had the opportunity to test one out. but I have never heard of long term tests, especially to the degree of tests that Surefires have gone through. As was mentioned, the Surefire models have been in use in the military and law enforcement for a long time and have been proven.

lesclifton
11-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I have been getting more and more into flashlights as I do much of my work at night and still being in the military, there is always room for good illum. I am looking for a good (smaller) tactical light with strobe. I have couple streamlights and a surefire, which work well, but want something to keep in the truck all the time. Something in LED as well, and recommendations????

Souldat
11-03-2011, 03:07 PM
I love my Fenix TK15 (337) Lumens. I've had it for about a year now and use it all the time. The light battery and battery charger was all like $100.00. I've not checked but if you get it from...

FlashlightsNgear
11-10-2011, 10:42 PM
I have been getting more and more into flashlights as I do much of my work at night and still being in the military, there is always room for good illum. I am looking for a good (smaller) tactical light with strobe. I have couple streamlights and a surefire, which work well, but want something to keep in the truck all the time. Something in LED as well, and recommendations????
You guys should check out the Eagletac D25 Series flashlights and also the Eagletac P20C2 XML, extremely bright and about as compact as they get. How you liken those lights Les?

lesclifton
11-12-2011, 09:28 PM
The lights are AWESOME!! Those eagletacs are amazing for their size. I remember going coon hunting alot as a kid, and we used to use the mining lights, well these little lights, that will fit right on your key chain, would be all one needs nowadays and are way brighter than those big lugs we used to carry around. LOL I like all of them, but I am most amazed with these. I purchased the EagleTac, Fenix, Jetbeam, and Olight.
I am also excited to get the laser designators, for my varmint hunting extravaganza. LOL

AK_survivaljunkie
11-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I still love the Fenix brand and if I had the spare cash would be glad to pick some up but on a budget and to keep around in B.O.B. or vehicles or whatever I've been really impressed with Nebo. I...

Souldat
04-10-2017, 07:53 PM
this is a test [ost and needs to be removed