PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Fayette County, WV

WVHunter
02-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Hello,

This is WVHunter129 (also known as WVHunter on the WVSportsman.net website). I am an avid hunter and fisherman. I love the outdoors and also love shooting and reloading.

I found out about this site from someone here, can't remember the user id, that introduced himself on my site and asked that I would check it out and think about swapping links.

Hope to chat with some of you.

WVHunter129

Souldat
02-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Hey WVHunter Welcome to Gunnook. That was me that sent you the PM on http://wvsportsman.net Love the site BTW. I also sent you a PM on your site as well. I have upgraded your account to GunNook-Network and have sent you a invite to the G.N. Private user group. Also if any of your Admins or Mods that care to make an account over here I will do the same. All they need to do is send me a PM after they register and I'll take care of it. Again I would like to welcome you to Gunnook and want to thank you for all your support.

WVHunter
02-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome. I got everything pretty much setup for the exchange link except for a link to your banner artwork. Once I get that I will have your link on my site finished. It is on the main page just under our slide show. Right now it is a red "x" but the link works to bring you here.

AK_survivaljunkie
02-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Welcome to the community, look forward to some of the future discussions. I'm not much of a hunter, I'm more into survival but perhaps I'll learn something. Glad to see you join us, hopefully some of your other members will make their way over here as well. I also like your site and hope to get a chance to spend more time on it soon.

2ndAmend
02-08-2011, 04:16 AM
A big shout out to Fayette County. Hi there new member. I have been down the new river many times rafting the upper and lower sections. Beautiful area down there. I would love to fish there or at Summersville Lake someday. I mostly know fayetteville for the many speeding tickets given out there. I am originally from Harrison County WV.

WVHunter
02-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks guys. Never have went down the New River...it just isn't my thing...my thing is fishing the New River. I use to spend every weekend on the river, but when the rafting industry started growing, there was some issues with where we fished and where the rafters wanted to come in. May be better now, but in the early days it was an ugly thing...we would be there with camp setup, poles in the water and there was no respect. I won't get into it, to each his own, I have no problem with those who ride the rapids...I just had a issue with just a few individuals or groups back in the early days.

I hope to read a lot of posts about guns and stuff. I am a gun nut!! If you go to my site you will see my post on building an AK from scratch. I love my firearms!

AK_survivaljunkie
02-11-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys. Never have went down the New River...it just isn't my thing...my thing is fishing the New River. I use to spend every weekend on the river, but when the rafting industry started growing, there was some issues with where we fished and where the rafters wanted to come in. May be better now, but in the early days it was an ugly thing...we would be there with camp setup, poles in the water and there was no respect. I won't get into it, to each his own, I have no problem with those who ride the rapids...I just had a issue with just a few individuals or groups back in the early days.

I hope to read a lot of posts about guns and stuff. I am a gun nut!! If you go to my site you will see my post on building an AK from scratch. I love my firearms!
I feel you man, I used to hike and bike a lot and nothing irritates me more than people who don't want to share the trail/river and/or don't respect it and are just there to destroy a good thing. I'm really into knives and have been known to break out the sharpening kit for hours on end. I enjoy the entire process of putting a good edge to a blade and especially rescuing an older knife that would've otherwise been relegated to the garbage bin. But I do have a thing for AKs, I will definitely have to check out the scratch build. :P