PDA

View Full Version : IMI Desert Eagle

AK_survivaljunkie
02-08-2011, 02:02 AM
Of course we can't overlook the Desert Eagle if we're going to talk about pistols. This is easily one of the most recognized pistols on the market and has been featured numerous times in the media including movies. To those who aren't well informed, this is believed to be a .50 caliber pistol. This pistol can accept many different rounds with only minor work, usually by replacing the magazine and bolt. One thing to note is that the reason this pistol can accept such large rounds is because it is a gas-operated semi-automatic which shares commonalities to the American M16 and the Mini-14s. It has switched manufacturers several times over the years but mostly being manufactured in Israel. For a brief time it was manufactured in the US.

Here are the different rounds this pistol has accommodated over the years:

.357 Magnum
.41 Magnum
.44 Magnum
.440 Cor-bon
.50 Action Express
.357/44 Bain & Davis (IMI prototype only)

sasquatch
04-21-2011, 07:38 PM
The DE is certainly an iconic pistol. I like the rotating/locking bolt design, kinda like my Beretta , except the DE's barrel is fixed and doesn't rotate. A guy I used work with had one in .44 Mag, I got to shoot it, whoa...talk about holding thunder in your hand! It's truly a hand cannon! Can't see paying $1000+ for one though, but I guess to each his own.