I live here in WV, and open carry for residents of this state is legal. Do I open carry? Yes. In public? Sadly, no. I usually open carry only in the woods around my house, or when I'm riding the trails on my 4 wheeler. I live out in the country, away from the city. I have a feeling that if I wore my gun into the city, people would freak out, that's the kind of society we live in. Most "sheeple" are so ingrained with a deep fear of guns, that the mere mention or sight of one causes them to lose body control. Blame that on, of course, the anti-gun culture and liberals. Now, all the arguments against open carry, I've heard em' all: "You'll be the first person that gets shot by a bad guy." You know what? Probably. So what? The same could be said for running with scissors, you might fall on em' and run yourself through, or you might not. I made my choice, and if that choice saves lives, even better. I'm glad that WV has an open carry law, but we may as well not, because of the stigma attached to carrying a visible gun. Lately I've been thinking about just wearing an empty holster in public to see what peoples' reactions would be. Eventually, when I can afford it, I'm going to take the class and go get my concealed permit. I'd like to hear what you guys think of open carry.