"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already "they" have raised up a money aristocracy that has set the government at defiance"
-- Thomas Jefferson (1787)

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."
--Thomas Jefferson

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny” -- Thomas Jefferson

"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide."
--John Adams

"Our country is now taking so steady a course as to show by what road it will pass to destruction, to wit: by consolidation of power first, and then corruption, its necessary consequence."
--Thomas Jefferson

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."
--John Adams

"God helps those who help themselves."
--Benjamin Franklin

Can't say we weren't warned, even the fathers of this country saw the danger. These quotes have relevance even in today's world. I put all my faith and trust in God, not man or government. As long as I keep the covenant with God money holds no sway over me. Sure it's nice to have money, but I've had very little of it most of my life, and I can do without it, if it comes to that. Let them all dance their little dance and fall to ruin, God will make sure I can take care of myself and others.