I've been reading up on this from reputable news outlets. Obama did sign the bill, making it law.

National Defense Authorization Act

A key feature of this bill is a frightening grant of immense and unconstitutional power to the executive branch. The President is given absolute power to arrest and detain citizens of the United States without their being informed of any criminal charges, without a trial on the merits of those charges, and without due process safeguards protected by the Constitution of the United States. More concerning is the fact that it would allow the President to deploy American troops against American
citizens on American soil, thus suspending Posse Comitatus in times of declared marshal law. The law could target anyone who owns/buys guns and ammunition, belongs to a militia or stores more than 7 days of food. Oh, also the bill was conceived, written up, signed and passed behind closed doors, without even going to a vote. "Under The Radar", anybody? Ron Paul described the bill as a “slip into tyranny,” one that will almost certainly accelerate “our
descent into totalitarianism.” Sure the bill states that it is designed to protect our country and it's people, and there are provision included that cut $700 million in aid to Pakistan, sanctions against Iran, and the end of relocating prisoners from Guantanamo to U.S. soil. Still that all seems like make-up on the pig to me. I'm don't subscribe to conspiracy theories, nor give myself over to them. But this sure sounds ominous to me. I don't think our country can survive another four years of Obama. VOTE HIM OUT IN 2012!